The substance abuse and addiction problem in America is now massive. No One More is a non-profit organization that works for those in need of rehab and a helping hand. You don’t need to be an expert to contribute, get in touch with Not One More and help save a life today.
The story of Not One More begins in California where Melissa Siebers rallied support from the local community during a City Council meeting after losing her daughter to a heroin-related accident. Everyone who joined her cause had been touched by substance abuse, addiction or overdose before. The commitment and goal was clear from the beginning, there would be not one more overdose, not one more lost spirit, and not one more grieving heart.
Not One More mission
As stated on their official page, these are the Not One More official goals to:
- provide support to members of our community who are struggling with addiction in their lives;
- educate the community about the drugs and addictions that are killing us;
- inspire our young people to stay drug free and be role models to the people around them;
- shake loose the stigma that keeps parents from reaching out for help when this dark shadow hangs over their family and to let them know that they do not have to deal with these things alone;
- place a loving, compassionate arm around our addicts and the people who love them, and help raise them out of the dark and into a place of light, recovery and peace;
- help fill the gap between what our state, city and schools provide for services and what our community needs;
- And to work in conjunction with other city officials, SVUSD officials and other community-based organizations aimed at preventing, dealing with, and educating our community about the dangers of drugs in our city.
To do this, Not One More mixes parent education, a 24/7 web-based resource center with info on drugs, recovery and contact, scholarships, help for families who’re having a difficult time paying for rehab, and other intervention services.
Get in touch with the South Florida Chapter today
Not One More has different chapters all around the country to make sure the goal of the organization doesn’t stay local. You can join the South Florida Chapter to help those in need or you can donate through the Not One More official webpage.
Make a call today at (805) 242-6662 and learn more about how can you help those struggling with substance abuse and addiction. You can be the difference in someone else’s life.
Did you find this recommendation useful? Keep reading our BLOG.